ASCA is pleased to be leading the way in training and resources for judges across Australia. To further aid development and ensure Australian judges are amongst the most highly trained and qualified, Judges Workshops are being introduced across the country.
The workshops are for both new and returning judges, to provide new skills for those who may never have judged (but want to learn!) and provide further training and resources for those who are seasoned competition judges.
Attendance at a workshop is mandatory should you wish to judge in the 2020 Competition Season.
Each workshop runs for two full days and will provide comprehensive training on all aspects of judging across Barista, Brewers and Latte Art, including:
- – sensory analysis training with both food samples and beverages
- – in-depth analysis of all rules and regulations
- – practical testing and analysis to ensure full comprehension
This is an interactive and insightful training session that is also tax deductible. Attendees must pass testing in each component to be eligible to judge, and successful judges will receive certification that they are an ASCA-endorsed judge for the 2020 Competition Season. This is a great way to promote your expertise within the specialty coffee industry.
A $250 fee is applicable for training, however successful participants that pass all components will not need to pay for Calibration before Regional Competitions.
Before attending, please ensure you read the 2019 WCE rules at least twice, and bring a printed copy with you.
Workshops will take place in each region:
- Central Region: 13–14 July, Specialty Coffee Curators, 146 Victoria Road, Marrickville NSW CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Northern Region: 27–28 July, Veneziano Coffee Roasters, 369 Montague Road, West End QLD CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Southern Region: 3–4 August, ST. ALi, 2B, 706 Lorimer Street, Port Melbourne VIC CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Western Region: 17–18 August, Five Senses, 135 Lake Street, Northbridge WA CLICK HERE TO REGISTER